Oxbow Western Timothy Hay
A good, basic grass hay with high quality nutrition and a fresh fragrance that is irresistable to small herbivores.
- Oxbow Western Timothy Hay is the ideal long-strand fibre source for keeping small animal digestive tracts functioning properly.
- A very popular grass hay containing high fibre, low protein and low calcium
- Widely recommended by veterinarians
- Oxbow animal health was the first pet food company to introduce Timothy Hay as a staple in the small animal diet
- Available in 425g, 1.1kg, 4.05kg, 25lb, and 50lb bags - please choose from drop down menu
- 100% Timothy Hay. Preservative and additive free. Loose hay contains stems, leaves, and limited seed heads.
- Crude Protein min 7.00%
- Crude Fat min 1.50%
- Crude Fibre max 32.00%
- Moisture max 15.00%
- Growing Animals: Unlimited amounts
- Mature Animals: Unlimited amounts
- Western Timothy hay can be fed free-choice to rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas and other herbivores as an alternative to oat hay, brome and orchard grass
- Free-choice means that the feed is available at all times. If they finish what you give them, you need to give them more
- Hay should be used not only for nutritional purposes, but for mental stimulation and the promotion of natural foraging behaviour.
Try feeding hay in new and inventive ways to increase consumption:
- Rabbits like to eat hay in their litter box.
- Fill a cardboard tube, basket or animal-safe toy with hay and place it in your pet’s favorite spot.
- Put a layer of hay on the bottom of the cage and hide food/treats in the hay for foraging.
- Put hay everywhere: the hutch, the corner, behind the couch, etc...
- Tickle your pet with strands of hay - they may take a bite and realize how tasty it is.
How much do I feed daily?
- It should be fed free choice daily. That means the hay is available at all times. 75% of a small herbivore’s diet should be hay.
- Western Timothy grass hay with high-fibre, low-protein and low-calcium content, helps keep the gastrointestinal tract of rabbits and small herbivores functioning properly.
- Western Timothy hay will help prevent obesity, maintain a healthy urinary system and improve overall health. A high-fiber diet will also lower the incidence of soft stools, intestinal gas and bloating. Timothy hay is the most widely recommended hay by veterinarians for rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas and other herbivores. Its fresh fragrance encourages consumption.
- Hay is absolutely vital to the health of small herbivores. It provides not only nutrition, but environmental enrichment that mimics the animal's natural habitat. Western Timothy provides a long-strand fiber source that is needed to improve the digestive and intestinal function by stimulating the digestive system.
- Feeding animals free-choice hay promotes a natural chewing behavior and helps prevent molar spurs and other teeth problems so common in these small herbivores.
PRICE INCLUDES VAT & DELIVERY
Please allow approx. 3 working days for delivery (subject to availabilty)
For delivery to all offshore destinations please contact us with your post code for delivery charges