Cotswold Chicken Coop - Recycled Plastic
This eco-friendly, free-standing insulated chicken coop is ideal for keeping 6-8 regular sized chickens or 12 bantams.
- Made from recycled plastics and wood fibres
- Just slots together so no tools required
- Insulated - twin walled with a cavity in the centre which traps air to provide insulation.
- Resistant to pests, rot, weather & moisture.
- Overall external dimensions: approx: 58"W x 29"D x 29"H (incl. nest box)
- External measurement of coop: approx. 39"W x 29"D x 28"H
- Internal measurement of coop: approx. 34"W x 22"D x 25"H
- Nesting box measures approx: 19" x 16" x 20"
- Pophole measures approx.: 10"W x 15"H
- Nesting box has a lift-up lid for easy access
- Door into coop drops down to form a ramp
- Roof slides off at the front in 3 parts for easy cleaning access
- 10 years manufacturers guarantee against faulty manufacture
- Also suitable for ducks
PRICE INCLUDES VAT & DELIVERY*
Please allow approx. 3 working days for delivery (subject to availability)
*For delivery to Scotland and all off shore destinations please email us with your post code for delvery charges
We had to destroy our 11 year old wooden hen house after a particularly horrific battle with northern fowl mite. After a quick internet search threw this one up, I took the plunge and ordered. It was here within 36 hours, so props to Ideas 4 Pets. Since the outbreak, we have 6 large fowl birds, and three bantams, two of which are cockerels, and the house has ample space- they soon discarded the perches, and I don't really blame them,as they are square. The house was brilliantly easy to construct, though I recommend that you lay all the pieces out in number order (this is an excellent touch on behalf of the manufacturers) and have one person building with the instruction manual, and one person passing parts. I'm now mixing bedding with diatomaceous earth, and using a flea and mite spray, and I'm happy that should I need to hose or jet wash the house, I'll be able to. the holes in the floor are an ideal touch from this point for view, though my one concern here is ratty visitors. Some reviews I have read mention that water can collect on the roof, but ours in under cover, so I can't comment on that. Removing the roof for cleaning had been a bit of a faff, so I'm cleaning through the door, using a trowel to help. It's not ideal, but it's not the end of the world either. All in all, a few weeks in, a sound investment, and excellent service from Ideas 4 Pets.
Very good, but smaller than what I expected. Easy to assemble.
I cannot tell you how easy this is to put together. Thanks to the clear instructions and the fact that each item is numbered really helps. And it's really spacious my hens are going to love this....