Halti Dog Headcollar Leather Padded - Black
The Padded Halti Headcollar works in the same way as the Standard Halti Headcollar, but is designed more for dogs with a sensative nose such as Boxers and Shar Pei.
The Halti headcollar is a safe and humane way to train your dog. It has become the world's favourite canine headcollar because it has been designed to combine maximum steering efficiency with unequalled comfort for your dog.
- Effective behaviour training tool
- Safe & humane
- Designed to combine maximum steering efficiency with unequalled comfort for the dog
- There are no metal parts in contact with the dog's skin
- Features an on-off muzzling action to close the dog's jaws (not shared by other designs of head collar)
- The point of steering is well down the nose and away from the eyes
- Can be used in a number of different ways - to stop dogs pulling or as an active training aid eg. Handlers can gently direct the dog's head, steering him into desired positions which can then be rewarded and linked to a command associated with that posture, for example 'sit'!
- Allows your dog freedom to pant
- Colour: BLACK
- Available in 6 sizes - please see size guide on additional images & choose from drop down menu (Sizes shown are a guideline for typical adult dogs - bitches or juveniles may need a size smaller)
This halti head collar is available in following 6 sizes
Size 0 - Suitable for Min Dachshund, Poodle Toy, Yorkshire Terrier, Bichon Frise, Maltese
Size 1 - Suitable for Border Terrier, Jack Russell, Westie
Size 2 - Suitable for Beagle, Border Collie, Buhund, Cockers, Rough Collie, Staffie, Std Poodle
Size 3 - Suitable for Afghan, Airedale, Boxer, Dalmatian, Doberman, Greyhound, G.S.D., Husky, Labrador, O.E.S., Pointers, Retrievers, Setters, Weimaraner
Size 4 - Suitable for Bernese M.D., Bull Mastiff, Great Dane, Newfoundland, Pyrenean, Ridgeback, Rottweiller, Wolfhound
Size 5 - Suitable for Bloodhound, Large Danes, Large Mastiffs
How to fit the Halti (also see additional images)
- Hold your Halti by the noseband. Halti assumes the shape of your dog's head, with the two rings under his chin
- Show your dog the Halti and allow him to sniff it and see that it is nothing to be scared of
- Give your dog some titbits with your hand through the body of the Halti
- Slide the Halti over your hand onto your dog's nose
- The collar section is adjustable using the slide. When the buckle is securely closed it should accurately fit your dogs neck
- Having fitted the Halti, see where the noseband naturally sits. It should be down the nose and away from the eyes. When you release pressure on the chin strap, make sure your dog can fully open his mouth without restriction.
A two-finger slackness is the best guide
Allow your dog to wear the Halti for a few minutes distracting, him with treats or play
Attach the lead and if your dog attempts to drop his head to paw at the Halti, hold a titbit to keep his head in the air
PRICE INCLUDES VAT & DELIVERY*
Please allow approx. 3 working days for delivery (subject to availability)
*For delivery to Scotland & all off shore destinations please email us with your post code for delivery charges