Harkers Harkanker Soluble Canker Treatment Sachets
£22.95 Regular price
Harkers Harkanker soluble canker treatment is used by John Duthie of Dundee before breeding and during the racing season for thr treatment of canker in his racing and show pigeons.
Each sachet contains 400mg ronidazole.
Each pack contains 10 sachets or 5 sachets (Please note 10 sachet pack discontiued May 2020, stock being sold through)
What is Canker?
- Canker (Trichomoniasis) is caused by Trichomonas columbae which is a microscopic single celled organism.
- It is the most comon form of infection in pigeons
- Affects mainly the throat and crop but may include other parts of the body
- The organism is usually transmitted by saliva so food and water are contaminated when feeding and drinking and this is passed to other birds through parental feeding of young or "billing"
- Youngsters are the most affected as they have not built up their natural immunity
- If administered 3 weeks prior to breeding, risk of infection being passed to the young birds is eliminated
PRICE INCLUDES VAT & DELIVERY
Please allow approx. 3 working days for delivery (subject to availability)