Harkers Spartrix for Pigeons
£21.95 Regular price
Harkers Spartrix is a one tablet oral treatment for canker (trichomoniasis) in pigeons.
Advantages of using Harkers Spartrix
- Each tablet contains 10mg Carnidazole.
- Young birds can be treated at weaning with half a tablet
- Adult birds should be treated before breeding and again before the racing season
- Each pack contains 50 tablets
What is Canker?
- Canker (Trichomoniasis) is caused by Trichomonas columbae which is a microscopic single celled organism.
- It is the most comon form of infection in pigeons
- Affects mainly the throat and crop but may include other parts of the body
- The organism is usually transmitted by saliva so food and water are contaminated when feeding and drinking and this is passed to other birds through parental feeding of young or "billing"
- Youngsters are the most affected as they have not built up their natural immunity
PRICE INCLUDES VAT & DELIVERY
Please allow approx. 3 working days for delivery (subject to availability)